21 Jul 2020
Charleston County is blessed with a terrific public library system, and their semi-annual book sale is an event not to be missed.
Their hot weather edition is coming up this weekend, Friday and Saturday to be exact. It’s appropriately titled, “That Summer Book Sale.”
COVID has affected library operations, along with everything else. Local library branches have adapted in some pretty creative ways. They’ve amped up their online content, streaming options, and for the last several weeks have been offering convenient curbside pickup of materials you reserve online.
Thankfully, their book sale is scheduled to go on as planned. They will have social distancing and mask protocols in place.
The library book sale is a terrific chance to stock up on your beach reading materials, at great prices. They always have a huge amount of kids’ books and materials, perfect for homeschooling or keeping the young ones occupied during the pandemic. Seems like in these COVID days, everyone could use some fresh, new reading material to keep their minds sharp, fire up imaginations and help the time fly by.
This time around, they have also scheduled special early shopping hours for at-risk, immune-compromised or older patrons.
Here are the deets on That Summer Book Sale…
- That Summer Book Sale is going on this Friday, July 24th and Saturday, July 25th
- Hours both days are 10:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m.;
- Special shopping hours for at-risk folks or seniors: 9:00 a.m. till 10:00 a.m. both Friday and Saturday;
- Location: The Main Branch of the Library, at 68 Calhoun Street in downtown Charleston;
- They’ll have bargain prices on books (both hardback and paperback), DVDs, CDs and more. Subjects include classics, mysteries, local histories, cookbooks, children’s books, and plenty of fiction and non-fiction topics.
- It’s for a good cause! The proceeds support the good work the library does for the community, all year long, including their wonderful summer reading program for kids;
- There will be a special preview sale Thursday, July 23rd for Friends of the Library members, where you can get first dibs on what’s for sale. If you’re not already a member, you can join at the door! It’s only $25 for a whole year. The preview sale is from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Main Branch.
The official Charleston County Public Library website is a font of information, including a huge section that’s basically COVID Central. You might also want to check out their Facebook page, which has a bunch of daily fun activities like story time and games for kids.
So check out a fun book sale and get the perfect reading material for your stay in a luxury beach house Charleston. If you’re not already in one, just give us a call at EP and we’ll take care of that.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger