2 Jun 2020
It’s been a spring like no other, but fortunately things are looking up, with more businesses reopening each day.
It’s now officially peak season. Our Isle of Palms luxury rentals are fully open. Similarly, more and more local entities are opening their doors, including restaurants, shops, sites and activities.
The weather at the beach is gorgeous, with blue skies and warm but not hot temps.
The good folks at Hulafrog are a great resource of fun things to do, especially if you have children in the mix.
They’ve pulled together a helpful list of businesses reopening in the Lowcountry. They offer ideas for a wholesome outing for your family while visiting the Charleston area. Many are ways to get physical exercise safely, which is just the ticket after kids have been cooped up inside during the COVID quarantine.
Hulafrog’s List of Businesses Reopening
The following Lowcountry family-friendly businesses are now reopened after COVID-19, or will be very soon...
- Indoor Play Place - Skip & Sully
- Trampoline Park - Sky Zone Charleston
- Indoor Play Center - Bizzy Bee Indoor Play Center
- Trampoline Park - Summit Adventure Park
- Ropes Course - Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park
- Water Park - Charleston Aqua Park
- Zipline Course - Charleston Zip Line Adventures
- Mini Golf, Go-Karts, Arcade - Charleston Fun Park
- Treasure Hunt Tour - Charleston Pirate Tours
- Aquarium - South Carolina Aquarium
- Zoo - Bee City
- Kayak Rentals & More - Coastal Expeditions
- Boat Tours & More - Charleston Outdoor Adventures
- County Parks - Charleston County Parks & Recreation Commission
- Kayak Rentals & More - Charleston Kayak Company
- Boat Ride - Charleston Water Taxi
- Kayak & SUP Rentals - Nature Adventures
- Tours of Charleston - Bulldog Tours
- Museum - The Charleston Museum
- Plantation Tours - Boone Hall Plantation
- Museum - Patriot’s Point Naval & Maritime Museum
- DIY Crafts & Projects - AR Workshop Mount Pleasant
- DIY Crafts & Projects - Nailed It DIY Studio Mount Pleasant
- Drop-In Art - The ART Place Studio
- Libraries: Curbside Pick-Up - Charleston County Public Library Branches (curbside pick-up beginning June 8th)
Those sure are some great options for active family fun and burning off some of that pent-up youthful energy. You can read the whole list here, along with links for each one along with any special guidelines in place.
As is the case in most places right now, visitors are encouraged to maintain safe social distancing of six feet, as well as wearing a mask if possible.
Lowcountry Listens at the Gaillard
Also, a quick reminder that Lowcountry Listens kicks off tomorrow - Wednesday, June 3rd. This summer series features different local performers for the next five weeks, streaming live from the Gaillard.
Concerts begin live streaming at 6:00 p.m. on each of the next five Wednesdays. First up is Contemporary Violinist Daniel D., Featuring DJ Calculations Of and Keyboardist Beatman Fresh (Shelton Desaussure).
Read all about the series, including who’ll be performing when, in this blog.
So check out some of the family-friendly options on the businesses reopening list, and listen live to Lowcountry performers. And just call EP to find the perfect Charleston beach house to stay in while here.
your Isle of Palms vacation blogger