29 Sep 2020
Good news: you can listen to live music all month, not far from our Isle of Palms vacation rentals. COVID has done a number on live music performances, and public events of any kind. Live music festivals like Spoleto and High Water were completely cancelled this year. Many music events went virtual, like the Lowcountry Listens series sponsored by the Gaillard Center, which I covered in this blog. You can listen in each Wednesday to musical performers on the Gaillard main stage. But there’s nothing quite like listening to live music, in person. Well, the good folks at Mount Pleasant Towne Centre have stepped up.
Live Under the Oaks
They have decided to bring back their popular Live Under the Oaks series of outdoor concerts, all during the month of October. It’s put together in partnership with Awendaw Green, a huge booster of the local music scene. The Oaks is a park-like setting within Mount Pleasant Towne Centre, an outdoor shopping mall. It’s located just over the Connector from the Isle of Palms, at 1218 Belk Drive in Mount Pleasant. Keep an eye peeled for Barnes & Noble. The Oaks is just across the street. You’re encouraged to bring chairs or a blanket. Burton’s Grill will be on hand selling wine, beer and small bites Social distancing and masks are a must.
Live Music Schedule for October 2020
Live Under the Oaks will be featuring some talented local musicians. The concerts will take place each Thursday evening in October from 6:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m. They are absolutely free to attend. Here are the artists who will be performing.
- Brady Smith Band (he’s been singing and writing country music since the age of 13) - Thursday, October 1st
- HoneySmoke (a rock and roll band with sounds of southern rock, gypsy jazz, Delta blues and island instrumentation) - Thursday, October 8th
- David Higgins (a South Carolina based singer songwriter) - Thursday, October 15th
- Gravel Road Acoustic Trio (playing country and bluegrass) - Thursday, October 22nd
- Cameron & The Saltwater Brass (a sizzling brass band led by the very talented Cameron Handel on trumpet) - Thursday, October 29th
Read more about it in the Post & Courier. You can also find out more at Towne Centre’s website, including detailed biographies of each performer. Roper St. Francis Healthcare is generously sponsoring this live music series. So check out some great live music once again, on Thursday nights during the month of October. And if you’re ready to book an Isle of Palms beach house, just give us a call at EP. All best, Lowcountry Lisa your Isle of Palms vacation blogger