1 Nov 2019
It’s fall in the Lowcountry, which means it’s time once again for the Coastal Carolina Fair. The fair’s 11-day run actually cranked up last night, on Halloween. It’s set to run through next weekend - through Sunday, the 10th of November. The Coastal Carolina Fair is the region’s version of a state fair meets a county fair. It’s wholesome family entertainment for all ages. As Hulafrog points out, the fair is appropriate for babies, preschoolers, elementary age kids, tweens, special needs… actually for everyone, on up through centenarians. And talk about a long-running tradition. The Coastal Carolina Fair has been going on every year since 1957! The fun happens at the Exchange Park in Ladson. For your GPS, that’s at 9850 Highway 78, Ladson SC.
What’s new at the Coastal Carolina Fair?
First off, they’ve added some intriguing new things this year. For the first time ever, they have a Biergarten, open every day. They’ve also added an “Extreme Zone” complete with the daredevil ride Speed, Kid Bungee and a rock climbing wall. Also new: the first ever fiddling contest, FFA Tractor Driving Competition, plus a golf cart giveaway.
Then, of course, there’s all the usual stuff, like…
- Over 20 major Midway rides, including Free Fall, Wave Swinger, Scrambler, Century Wheel, and Tomb of Doom;
- Kiddieland, with giant Carousel, Wacky Worm, Frog Hopper and a bunch of other options for the little ones;
- Live musical entertainment by Colt Ford, Marty Stuart & His fabulous Superlatives, Lauren Alaina, Runaway June, Haley Mae Campbell, Pablo Cruise, Strutter (a KISS tribute band) and The Motown Sounds of Touch;
- Petting zoo;
- Loads of local performing acts;
- Agricultural events, plus photography, fine arts and flower shows galore;
- And of course, plenty of that fried fair food!
Check out the website for the complete schedule, ticket prices and available discounts. As a special deal, you can get in for free on Monday with the front page of Sunday’s Post & Courier newspaper. The Coastal Carolina Fair really is a load of fun for all ages. Who knows - perhaps, like Noah and Allie, you might have a life-changing moment at the fair. After all, the movie The Notebook was filmed right here in the Lowcountry. So check out the fair. And when you are looking for the best in beach rentals Charleston, be sure to call Exclusive Properties. All best, Lowcountry Lisa your Isle of Palms vacation blogger