18 Sep 2020
An area athletic wear spot has stepped up once again with free fitness classes, which you can take part in virtually. Athleta is located in Mount Pleasant Towne Centre. As I covered in this blog, they offered free fitness classes via Zoom during the summer months. Well, summer classes were such a success, so they’ve decided to continue it on into the fall season.
Details on Athleta’s Free Fitness Classes
- Free Fall SWEAT + Wellness Series;
- Every Wednesday evening at 6:00 p.m. during September and October (9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/14, 10/21 and 10/28);
- Classes are 100% virtual, on Zoom;
- Classes include Made to Move, Recovery Stretching & Strengthening Moves with Dane Gifford;
- Pilates Mat Classical Moves, with Quincy Shiver of Longevity Fitness;
- Anxiety Meditation with Sarah Starr;
- HIIT with Anna Duff of Duff Fitness;
- Stretching & Spine Health, with Dr. Meier of The Bridge Chiropractic;
- Zumba, with Danielle Fink, and more!
- Absolutely free, but you must register first. Find all the details, dates and registration links here.
Mount Pleasant Towne Centre is located at 1218 Belk Drive, just over the Isle of Palms Connector. Athleta’s at 1224 Belk Drive. Although their free fitness classes are virtual, Towne Centre is a great outdoor shopping center that’s convenient to the island and has a slew of retailers, restaurants, and more. Athleta also offers free curbside pickup.
Bridge Run Poster Update
The contest for the official Cooper River Bridge Run poster is on. As I covered in this blog, folks were invited to vote for their favorite, to determine the 2021 People’s Choice Winner. Organizers have tabulated the votes, and they've (er YOU've) determined the winner. Check out the People’s Choice Poster Winner above. It depicts a scene of the Ravenel Bridge, complete with prominent palm frond, sun, and the words “Cooper River.” Congrats to Megan Kincaid, who designed the poster. Now the Bridge Run committee will determine the overall winning design, which will become the official 2021 Cooper River Bridge Run poster. They will unveil the winner at the end of September. Read more about the design contest here. Check out the official Bridge Run website for all the details for the 2021 race, which is scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 27, 2021. Many are especially looking forward to it since the 2020 Bridge Run sadly got derailed by the pandemic. So check out free fitness classes from the comfort of your own home, or even from your Charleston beach house. Just give us a call when you’re ready to book one. All best, Lowcountry Lisa your Isle of Palms vacation blogger