08/06/2021 to 07/01/2022Get Directions
Charleston’s favorite beach party cranks up the summertime fun!
Warm weather means it’s time once again to Party at the Point… a fun outdoor happy hour/live music series. 2021 marks its 20th year.
Point Parties happen on Friday evenings during the summer at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina’s “beachfront” in Mount Pleasant, overlooking the harbor. They originally scheduled parties on Fridays just during July of 2021. But due to popular demand, organizers have added dates in August and September as well.
You’ll have plenty of food and beverages options available to purchase. But honestly, it’s all about the music. They always have some terrific bands lined up.
Here's who performed in July:
- Reggae Night with The Dubplates;
- New Ghost Town – “A Newgrass Tribute to Tom Petty & Other Assorted Pop Songs;”
- The Red Dog Ramblers;
- Mr. Holland's Oates - A Tribute to Hall & Oates;
- Rock The 90s – The Ultimate 90’s Tribute Band.
And these are the newly added dates and performers:
- August 6th – Charleston's own Beatles tribute band Sgt. Submarine;
- August 13th – Yesterday's Wine – featuring Wyatt Durrette + Levi Lowrey with special guest Faith Schueler;
- August 20th – Two Weeks Notice, featuring Ward Buckheister + Friends;
- August 27th – The Yacht Club;
- September 3rd – Labor Day Weekend Bash with The Midnight City;
- September 10th – Rattle & Hum, a Tribute to U2.
Gates open at 5:00 p.m., and the fun lasts till about 9:00 p.m. Admission is $10, and it’s free for ages 12 and under. Parties at the Point are family friendly and appropriate for all ages.
There’s plenty of free parking along the roads leading into the resort, which is located at 20 Patriot’s Point Road in Mount Pleasant. They also have Uber and Lyft pickup and drop-off stations near the main entrance.
This year they limited general admission tickets to just 600 per show, which you could buy in advance here. Due to popular demand and encouraging COVID numbers, they did end up expanding the number of available tickets for some of the Parties at the Point. As with most things during a pandemic, plans tend to adapt and evolve.
Check the official website for all the up-to-date details and FAQs.