Get in the holiday spirit, meet Santa & light up Towne Centre's 40-foot Christmas tree!
Towne Centre is the area’s premiere shopping center. It’s not a typical indoor mall, but instead an assemblage of delightful large chain and local retailers, all with entrances from the sidewalk. It’s located just over the Isle of Palms Connector in Mount Pleasant.
Towne Centre sponsors many events throughout the year, such as outdoor concerts like “Under the Oaks” and Pet Fest.
Their biggest special event has always been their annual holiday kickoff, Lights Up, when they flip the switch on their festive holiday light displays, have a grand lighting of the huge tree, laser light show, plus visits with Santa.
Lights Up runs from 6:00PM to 8:00 PM on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. There's always a huge turnout and a great time had by all.
Get set for:
- LIGHTS UP celebration hosted by on-air radio personality Brian Cleary of 92.5 Kickin’ Country, with loads of giveaways from Towne Centre merchants;
- Live musical performances by the East Cooper Baptist Church Choir & Orchestra, along with Jared Petteys & The Headliners;
- A very special grand appearance by the man himself, Santa Claus!
- Lighting of the 40-foot tall Christmas tree;
- Laser light show!
- Face painting, glitter tattoos and balloon animals;
- Holiday nibbles and libations from Burtons Grill & Bar, SAVI Cucina & Wine Bar, Zimo's Gyros, Madrigals Tacos, & Lobster, New Dog Hot Dogs, The Ice Cream Team, Holy City Popcorn and Holy City Homemade Italian Ice;
- Helps support Camp Rise Above, which gives life-changing camp experiences to kids with serious illnesses, disabilities and challenges.
FYI, Towne Centre is located at 1218 Belk Drive in Mount Pleasant. The festivities take place in front of Belk Department Store.