10/28/2021 to 11/07/2021Get Directions
Come ye to the fair!
Fall means it’s time once again for the Coastal Carolina Fair, which brings all kinds of fun to the Lowcountry for 11 days each October and November. It’s a long-running tradition, going all the way back to 1957.
The Coastal Carolina Fair is kind of like a cross between a state fair and a county fair. It’s wholesome family entertainment for all ages - babies, preschoolers, elementary age kids, tweens, special needs… for everyone, on up through centenarians.
The exact lineup of entertainment will be announced on October 1st, when tickets will go on sale.
Although precise details haven’t been released yet, past fairs have included:
- Over 20 major Midway rides, including Free fall, Wave Swinger, Scrambler, Century Wheel, and Tomb of Doom;
- an “Extreme Zone” complete with the daredevil ride Speed, Kid Bungee and a rock climbing wall;
- Kiddieland, with giant Carousel, Wacky Worm, Frog Hopper and a bunch of other options for the little ones;
- Loads of live musical entertainment including some big-name acts;
- Petting zoo;
- A slew of local performing acts;
- Agricultural events, plus photography, fine arts and flower shows galore;
- Barrel racing on horseback;
- Fiddling contest, FFA Tractor Driving Competition, plus a golf cart giveaway.
- Biergarten for your beer-drinking pleasure;
- And of course, plenty of that fried fair food!
Check out the website for the complete schedule, ticket prices and available discounts.
The fun happens at the Exchange Park at 9850 Highway 78 in Ladson, SC.
The Coastal Carolina Fair really is a load of fun for all ages, and it's well worth a visit. Who knows - perhaps, like Noah and Allie in the movie The Notebook, you might have a life-changing moment at the fair. After all, many scenes in The Notebook were filmed right here in the Lowcountry.